Saturday, October 1, 2011

Chicken Corn Cowder!!!

I made the most Yummy Chicken Corn Chowder last night and I just have to share my recipe.

1 Chicken Breast- or 2 tenders
1 Can of Chicken Broth
2 Cups of Half and Half
1 Can of Corn
1 Carrot
3 Red potatoes
Onion
Butter
Water
Pepper
Red Pepper
Celery Salt (Optional)
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder

Directions:
Cook chicken breast in chicken broth and water in a large pot covered on high heat. I used frozen chicken- and added garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, red pepper, and celery salt. Once the chicken is cooked pour all contents of the pot into a large mixing/ serving bowl.
In the same pot add around 3/4 of the stick of butter and as much onion as you desire, I used a quarter of an onion. Let that cook for a few minutes and add the potatoes, cut into small pieces, and carrot which I cut into thin slices. Next, add the corn. While the veggies are cooking shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. After the veggies have cooked approximately 3 mins, add the contents of the mixing bowl (chicken ad broth) back into the pot, cover and cook. After 5 mins add 2 cups of half-and-half and stir well. Cover and continue cooking until the veggies are tender. I recommend serving with dinner rolls.
ENJOY!!!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment