Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Turkey Noodle Soup

Growing up, I always dreaded the week after Thanksgiving... Why? We would eat nothing but ham or turkey sandwiches... no thanks. I became determined to make something out of the left-overs- something more than a sandwich. Since necessity is the mother of invention, I  invented some Turkey Noodle Soup.

The great thing about this recipe is that it is extremely adaptable.. you can use whatever you happen to have in your kitchen.

                          
 
Here's What you do:
~In a large stock pot place your turkey carcass (hate that word) in plenty of water- cover and boil. I also add plenty of garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper (add to taste). This takes time, how much time depends on how large your turkey was and how much water. You will know when it is done when your water starts to look like broth and smell amazing... Mine took about an hour. The next step is VERY important: Make sure you double strain your stock- you don't want anything crazy in your broth.
~Next, place the strained broth back into your stock pot (I rinse mine out to save dishes) and while waiting to return to a boil, cut your veggies. I used what I happened to have in my fridge which was celery, and carrots, I also added a can of corn towards the end (we love corn). When the veggies begin to soften add your egg noodles (or rice) and add some shredded turkey. Once the noodles are done, so is the soup. I serve with dinner rolls, and enjoy =)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment