Thursday, March 14, 2013

Homemade Laundry Detergent

Between myself,  my messy toddler, and a husband that changes clothing five times a day- I have a LOAD of Laundry ;)
I was tired of trying to get 'deals' on detergent only to find that it made us break-out and we would have to go back to a free-and-clear anyway. So I finally decided to take the plunge into homemade laundry detergent, and I couldn't be more impressed. I did a bunch of research and watched a lot of YouTube videos and finally just decided to combine a bunch to make my own recipe.
Here it is:

1 Cup of Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda
1 Cup of Borax
1 Cup of Oxi Clean
1 Cup of Downy Unstopables
1 grated bar of Fels Napthia (I used the shredder on my food processor)

I found all of these items at Walmart including the glass jar, which looks nice, is completely optional, and only cost $5.



Here is a close look at the soap if, like me, you have never heard of it before.


Combine all ingredients in a Gallon-sized baggy, zip closed, and shake it shake it shake.
Pour into the container of your choice and you're in bid-ness.

 
Use between 1-2 Tablespoons in each load, depending on the soil level and the efficiency of your washer. Enjoy clean clothes and saving money =)

No comments:

Post a Comment