Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Trash .2. Treasure Tuesday

When my Mom gave me these paper sorters I assumed I would.. you know, use them for paper- but as time went on they just set in my garage collecting dust. It was then I decided they had to have a better use. They were hand-made and I couldn't bear to part with them, but they are light-wood so I decided to paint them.

 
~Here is a picture of the BEFORE~



During the painting process- I first gave them I light sanding and cleaned off all of the dust. I chose to use Rust-oleum in a gloss navy blue. I would recommend wearing gloves- that paint does NOT like to come off skin, I had blue skin for days! This project took three light coats of paint and a lot of drying time.

~After- Perfect for Puzzles!


 
If you have read any of my previous blogs you probably know that my son is a puzzle master.... well, my dog is a puzzle-piece chewing master- you see how this is a problem.
 
I love that there is room for all of his puzzles (this is not all of them) and they are off of the floor and away from our puzzle-loving coon hound.


 
I couldn't be more happy with the way the puzzle rack looks... we are one step closer to completing Emmett's "Big Boy" room. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment