Monday, January 21, 2013

Operation Organization ~ Deep Freeze

 It lives in the garage and is never seen by guests... so it's okay if it's a mess, right? WRONG! I was sooo tired of spending time searching for something or accidentally re-purchasing food we already had all because my deep freeze is a hot mess... or a cold mess... whatever.


Although it is extremely utilized in our household it is always over-looked when it comes to organization. So I decided it was time to tackle this mess once and for all! I started by taking everything out and checking expiration dates. Thankfully, everything was still in date =)

I didn't want to spend any money on this project so I looked around for something I already had. I found this crate (shown below) that I purchased from Walmart for less than five dollars and was no longer using. What I think is so great about these crates is if I ever need more storage I can easily stack on another and Viola, more food space.
On the other side of the freezer is a little blue crate (pictured above) used for pop sickles =)






I used the top sliding storage bins for things I access daily, such as frozen veggies.


In the second sliding bin I put things that I keep on hand for quick lunches... easy for the husband to find!

Now for the finished product! This picture doesn't do justice for how much more functional my deep freeze has become. It took less than a half-hour and cost no money! It could use a little de-frosting, but that's for another day.


***After***





No comments:

Post a Comment